U.P.S.E.S. Inc. Scholarship Applications For Qualified High School Graduates
The U.P.S.E.S Inc. ("Organization") is a non-profit organization composed of persons of Portuguese descent and family members. Among its purposes is that of furthering the education and welfare of persons of Portuguese descent and of encouraging the continuation of the Portuguese traditional heritage and culture in the Portuguese community of San Diego. The U.P.S.E.S. Inc. has organized a Scholarship Committee ("Committee") to assist qualified applicants in pursuing a higher education.
The maximum annual amount available a candidate is a one time $1,000 scholarship.
- Applicant must be a member of the high school graduating class of the current year.
- Grade point average criteria: Applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 3.25 (2.50 if applicant has a documented learning disability)
- Applicant must be of Portuguese descent and reside in San Diego County.
- Applicant must be accepted to a four-year institute, but may attend a two-year college.
- Applicant must submit a completed application postmarked by July 15, of their graduating year.
Applicant must complete 30 hours of community service with the U.P.S.E.S. during their senior year of high school. Hours must be signed off by the U.P.S.E.S. Manager or a member of the scholarship committee.
Applications are due July 15, 2014. Click for Application